|ID||EGM-FR-01||Name||Code of Conduct for Fundraisers|
|Revision||3||Approved By||Edele Chadwick|
|Approved Date||01/03/2021||Review Date||2023|
References & Definitions
East Galway & Midlands Cancer Support: EGM
EGM-MA-01 Master List of Policies and Procedures
EGM and its Fundraisers shall:
- Always conduct themselves with integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness. They shall always act openly and in such a manner that donors are not misled.
- Respect the dignity of their profession and ensure that their actions enhance the reputation of themselves and EGM whom they represent;
- Act according to the highest standards and visions of EGM and the fundraising profession;
- Disclose whether they are employees of EGM, Support Workers, or paid third party agents;
- Not knowingly or recklessly disseminate false or misleading information in the course of their professional duties, nor permit their subordinates to do so;
- Not represent conflicting or competing interests without the consent of the parties concerned;
- Not knowingly, recklessly or maliciously injure the professional reputation or practice of other members of the fundraising profession;
- Not knowingly act in a manner inconsistent with EGM’s Fundraising Management policy or knowingly cause or permit others to do so;
- Not exploit any relationship with a donor, prospect, volunteer or employee for personal benefit or misuse their authority or office for personal gain;
- Comply with the laws of the land which relate to their professional activities, both in letter and in spirit, and advocate adherence within EGM to all applicable laws and regulations.
- In the case of personal approaches in a public place, fundraisers shall carry a valid permit identifying EGM as the beneficiary, including EGM’s name, telephone number, and the charity registration number.
- The fundraiser should have a general knowledge about the services provided by EGM and shall be able to state that all funds raised shall be used to support the continuing delivery of EGM’s services to those that need them.